Saturday, September 6, 2014

Canna Beauty

About 9 by 12 inches on 140 lbs.Langton Prestige

Reference image : Mike Hoth from PMP


Things You Dont Know About Me

5. Canna is my favorite subject in floral painting. I am always drawn to Cannas when I decide to do floral painting. My earliest memories of Cannas are from my grandparent's residence during the childhood. They had a profusion of canna plants bordering around each of their coconut palms. As they fertilized the coconut, the cannas also get benefited and they thrived, yielding a profusion of canna blooms. I was too young to appreciate their beauty but they left an impression in me. Many years later, I  started appreciating them in new light and that spilled over to my paintings. This is ninth in my series of Canna Lily paintings. 


No comments: