Saturday, September 13, 2014

Wisteria

4 by 6 inches on 140 lbs. Arches 

I am smitten with painting loose in watercolor. I painted this without any preliminary sketch. I think painting loose gives you a lot of flexibility and so more freedom. I am kinda starting to understand how the artists approach when they start painting loose. I hope I can expand and learn more about painting loose in the future.

Reference image from Morgue File

Things You Dont Know About Me

10. I love to learn and self-teach new things that I am interested in.  Learning to paint loose is my latest interest as is evident in this blog. If I start off right, I may keep learning more about painting loose and get good at it. If not, it will go to the tried-and-failed pile. I hope it wont come to that.



No comments: