Monday, September 1, 2014

Landscape Studying in Sepia


I have signed up for Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days . It is certainly unnerving for me because I have never challenged myself to paint everyday or to paint in a particular theme at a stretch because I am mostly a person who paints when the painting mood strikes and give myself time and space in between paintings. So, when the painting mojo strikes me, it is painting and drawing one after the other. I am not sure if I can do 30 in 30 days; but there is no harm trying.

Things You Dont Know About Me

1. I am not much of a landscape painter. That explains the sepia study of this landscape. My painting subjects varies from still life to figure to portrait to floral to bird but I have only done very few landscape paintings in 5 years of painting. Recently, my former instructor asked me to do a landscape painting; so I decided to kick start with this landscape painting in sepia tone. It is about time I get outside my comfort zone.  

5 comments:

Lydie said...

Lovely study, it's a good start for the challenge.

Unknown said...

Great Stuff.. :)

Tammie Dickerson said...

Beautiful! Love the sepia!

Raji said...

Thanks everybody for your kind comments. Thanks again for visiting my art blog.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful little painting. Sepia works just fine!