Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Winter Cardinal

In watercolors on Strathmore 500 Series Watercolor Paper
Image size : 7 by 5 inches ; paper size  8 by 10 inches

The second day of the challenge. I am seeing that this is truly a challenge for me; to fit in with my schedule. I am still unsure as to how successfully I can carry this out.

Reference Photo by : Rodney Campbell Smith

Things You Dont Know About Me

2. A couple of years back I wouldn't imagine myself painting bird. I never considered  birds as subject for painting especially in watercolors. I did wistfully look through watercolor how-to books on painting birds and that was it. My membership in PaintMyPhoto forum changed that. I was awestruck at the amazing bird photographs posted by the talented photographers there. So much so that it inspired and kick-started me into painting birds.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well done! Looks like you and I both chose similar motifs!

I usually don't do wildlife, but landscapes and seascapes. Trying some songbirds myself for variety!

Great job on this one! Bravo!

Unknown said...

Oh such a cute fluffy bird!